"You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story & hustle for your worthiness."
We all want to have a more positive outlook, though often if feels like it is hard to cultivate. In many ways our brain is already wired up for negativity, which makes it harder to constantly feel positive. The great thing with our brain is that negativity has kept us alive as humans for many, many generations. Though this day and age, generally we don’t need to be as negative towards our environment and our world is a lot safer then our cave man days.
Though there are some ways that we can start creating a more positive filter, yet like many new behaviours, it still takes practice. Start creating positive habits to nurture the mindset you’re after. Remember, neurons that fire together wire together. Here are some strategies listed below that can help you on the way to a more positive and helpful way of thinking.
1. Being thankful for all that you have and practice gratitude daily.
2. Cultivate Optimism – there is always a silver lining.
3. Stop comparing yourself to others. You are unique and as soon as we compare ourselves to others, we often find ourselves inferior in that comparison. This has negative impacts on your self-esteem.
4. Realising that most of your day is great and refocusing and noticing what that is. Imagine that your day is 100%. 80% of the day is usually great, 15% ok and 5% bad, though we often feel like the 5% is our 95%. Positively filter throughout the day.
5. Giving selflessly – practice random acts of kindness of which there is no expectation of something return.
6. Forgiveness – be willing to let go of the hurts of the past.
7. Savour the joys in life.
8. Change your focus by flipping your thinking – if in doubt, turn it inside out. Make your unhelpful thoughts positive. The event itself is neither inherently good nor bad though it’s our interpretation of it that makes it so.
9. White dog/Black dog – the white dog is the things that make you feel good and happy in your life (they give you energy), and the black dog is the negative things in your life (they take energy from you). Make sure you have more White Dogs in your world and keep the black dogs at a distance.
10. Nurture social relationships and invest in social connections.
11. Increase your flow experiences
12. Commit to goals
13. Take care of your body and soul – exercise, meditate, act happy
If you would like to know more, than either visit us at www.bodymindsoulclinic.com.au.
Or you can call us on 5519 3338 or request an appointment with one of our Clinicians today.