"You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story & hustle for your worthiness."
Who out there likes to make people feel good? Who is a giver? Well if you found yourself putting your hand up, you’re not alone. Too many of us grew up being told that that we should help others and show kindness. These are great qualities, though it can often lead to wondering why people often dump extra work onto you, why family just turn up and intrude without notice, and why friends take advantage of us. Well maybe its because we haven’t set our boundaries strong enough.
So what are boundaries?
Boundaries are like a fence. They create a barrier between us and other people within our lives. There are a number of different types of boundaries that we can have in our lives.
How do we set stronger boundaries around people?
1. Start saying NO!! This isn’t always easy as we often say yes as we don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings. Though if you’ve ever seen the Jim Carrey movie “Yes Man”, then you can see that saying yes can becomes overwhelming and exhausting.
2. It’s important to recognize that you don’t owe anyone your time and energy. That is yours to share as you see fit. Sometimes we may need to limit our time we give to others as this could have repercussions on our own priorities and relationships.
3. Its ok to be selfish at times. Often we forget to make sure our own cup is filled as we’re always giving to others. Take the time to enjoy those things that are meaningful to you.
4. Avoid negative people who take away your energy and spend more time with those who energize us.
5. Don’t feel guilty when you say no. Having a boundary around something isn’t a rejection; it’s about taking care of you. It doesn’t mean that you don’t care, its just you need to take care of yourself.
6. Be the person you want to be. Who is that? The more you become your authentic self, the more you’ll attract the people you want to spend more time with.
If you would like to know more, than either visit us at www.bodymindsoulclinic.com.au.
Or you can call us on 5519 3338 or request an appointment with one of our Clinicians today.