"You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story & hustle for your worthiness."
Any one who knows me that one of my biggest pet peeves is seeing the wrong people in leadership roles. Back in my days when working as a Psychologist for Mission Australia, I would see many clients who were unhappy within their job role…and it wasn’t because of the job. It had everything to do with management or their up line!
I still hear these stories to this day and it just upsets me to no end. Surely it’s not hard to treat people...like people? I always thought that if you treat people right, you would get so much more out of them. Or is that just the way I think?
One thing I do know, is that you can’t influence someone if you don’t understand their world. How can you influence the key people in your life if you have no rapport or relationship with them?
So what is a leader and what makes a good leader?
1. A leader is someone who will go there first – Great leaders will path the way ahead. They set the example and show by example.
2. Lets other people lead – a good leader will often take a step back and allow others to take the lead. They make the space for other people to shine.
3. Mastering influence – if you don't know what influences someone, then you can't influence someone. We need to understand their world, what they value, their beliefs, their desires and then and only then can we start to positively influence those around us.
4. Taking a positive perspective – we all want to be in an environment that is inspiring and positive. The more we are able to create this where ever we may be, the more people will enjoy being around us and being in that environment.
5. Allowing others to grow – if we’re not growing we’re dying (metaphorically). Everyone needs to have a place to grow. This is about making sure that everyone is fulfilled and feeling like they are in a space that allows them to become more.
6. Mastering their own psychology – leaders need to be the example not the warning. Make sure you are working on your own self from the inside out. Its about becoming the best version of yourself for yourself and others.
7. Responsibility – this is HUGE! And it can often be hard as blame can come so easy. So taking responsibly for ourselves or our outcome allows us to create the change that we want to see.
We are all leaders in our own way, though maybe its time to step up and take charge in a way that is empowering not only for yourself, but for all around you.
I’m sure this list could go on, though we need more leaders who are willing to lead more leaders.
If you would like to know more, than either visit us at www.bodymindsoulclinic.com.au.
Or you can call us on 5519 3338 or click here to request an appointment to start empowering yourself today.